Job ID: NAV/0814/01
Job Description :
* Designs/implements various policies and procedures for necessary operational success in the Company.
* Develops safety measures as well as manages security operations.
* Oversees/coordinates daily operations of the fixed and rotary wings.
* Complies with rules, regulations and standards of regulatory authorities e.g. FAA, NAHCO, NEMA, FAAN, NCAA etc.
* Effectively manages relationships with regulatory authorities, vendors and other external parties when necessary.
* Provides oversight of the ground operations, safety and maintenance teams etc.
* Coordinates maintenance of aircraft including procurement of spare parts.
* Oversees flight scheduling for pilots as prepared by Chief Pilot.
* Obtains flight itenary and coordinates timely airport scheduling/re-scheduling as appropriate.
* Implements mechanisms to ensure the Chief Pilot adheres strictly to flight operations manual.
* Coordinates timely and accurate preparation and presentation of all compliance documentations.
* Provides requisite support to the CEO through representations at meetings, liaison with local and foreign partners, vendors, etc.
* Supervises strict adherence to all health and safety requirements as well as prompt resolution of all reported issues.
* Oversees all support operations supervisors/heads and conducts periodic checks/audits of relevant sub-units.
* Obtains and reviews reports from heads of sub-units.
* Prepares periodic relevant reports to aid decision making
* Minimum of a first degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Aviation Technology/ Management or Avionics Engineering. * MBA or relevant Master�s degree will be an added advantage * Relevant certifications e.g. aircraft certifications
* Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in aviation with at least 3 years in managerial role
Must Have (apart from the above):
* In depth knowledge of aviation industry as well as the technical and commercial capabilities to drive growth.
* Ability to manage general operations within the aviation space in terms of strategic business and people management.
* Strong ability to develop and interpret technical data/information.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
* Intuitiveness and attention to detail
* Strong ability to manage crises and make effective use of initiative
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong leadership skills
* Highly proficient in the use of Ms Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Age bracket: N/A
Please send CV with subject tagged “AVIATION MANAGER—NAV/0814/01″ to firstname.lastname@example.org